Demolition of Victoria House, Robert Sayle, Cambridge.
The original shop was extended between 1905 and 1908 and this development removed the final evidence of the original shop which had dated from 1840. In the new premises the retail shop was on the ground and first floor, the wholesale business was conducted in the basement and rear of the shop, and the workrooms (including the funeral business) were to be found in the buildings in the stable yard. The staff, who lived in above the shop, were housed in a hostel on the upper two floors.
These are the most popular keywords used on the site.
- Departments photographed prior to the closure of St Andrews Street and the temporary move to Burleigh Street. (44)
- Robert Sayle Rambling Club (started 1987) (40)
- Waterloo Club Lunch (39)
- 75th Anniversary Celebrations for Retired Partners (29)
- Lloyd;Philip (27)
- Carroll;Basil (25)
- Mitchell;Chris MD 1981-1992 (24)
- Walters;Audrey (24)
- Howard;Lorna (23)
- Turkentine;Olive (22)
View all the keywords used in this catalogue.
Search by date